If you want to Catch Your Readers, you need to think like a reader. Then you need to use the bait your reader likes, not the bait you like.
Problem is, many of the techniques weâve institutionalized in PR and business communication writing are not what reels in readers. (You're not still writing about "us and our stuff," are you? You're not still sucking the life out of your message by cramming it into the inverted pyramid â right?)
But at Catch Your Readers â a writer's Master Class presented by PRSA and Ann Wylie on June 28-29 in San Diegoâ youâll learn to cast for readers and reel them in.
As a PRSA member, you'll save up to $200 with our member discounts and other savings. Please use coupon code PRSA16.
Specifically, you'll learn how to:
- Think Like a Reader. Move people to act: Use the bait your fish like.
- Tear Down the Inverted Pyramid. Put the most delicious bait where it will do the most good: Master a structure that's been proven in the lab to reach more readers than the traditional news story.
- Cut Through the Clutter. Cut the bait into bite-sized chunks: Make every piece you write measurably easier to read and understand.
- Lift Your Ideas Off the Page Or Screen. Don't expect your fish to jump into the boat to find the bait. Instead, dangle the bait overboard, and you'll reach skimmers and increase readership.
- Transform Your Message From "Meh" to Masterpiece. Bring your laptop and a story to work on, write and rewrite, get and give feedback, and leave with a piece that reels in readers.
Join us and find out for yourself why Jim Masters, internal communications specialist at Accenture, said of Ann's Master Class: "I have been a journalist for 30 years, published more than 10,000 times, and I have learned more about writing in the past two days from Ann than I have in all that time."